2023 Town-Wide Reappraisal
Photo ©2023 Stephen Ettinghausen
The Town of Panton has contracted with Real Capital Consulting, Inc. (RCC, Inc.) to complete a town-wide reappraisal for the 2024 Grand List. The purpose of the town-wide reappraisal is to update all property data and calculate a current fair market value for each property to be reflected as of 4/1/2024.
The reappraisal will follow the approximate timeline below:
- June 2023 to November 2023: Conduct property inspections.
- Property Inspections will be conducted by either Will Benton (silver Toyota pickup) or Alyth Hescock (silver Volkswagen sedan).
- December 2023 - January 2024: Review inspection data for accuracy and determine update property values.
- February 2024: Mail updated listers’ cards to landowners and respond to landowner questions.
- March 2024: Finalize new property values and mail notice of the assessed value.
- April 2024: Conduct grievance hearings and mail results.
- May 2024: Lodge abstract grand list with the State of Vermont.