- Property Tax Payments: Tax bills are mailed out once a year usually by September 1.
- Taxpayers may pay the bill in full upon receipt, or in two installments: November 1st and May 1st.
- Taxes are considered past due if the payment on the first installment is not made on or before November 1st. Past due taxes are subject to 1% interest each month for the first three months they are unpaid, and 1.5% interest for each month after that.
A United States Postal Service postmark of November 1 or earlier is accepted as on-time payment. Payments received in the official drop box when Town Hall opens at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 2, will also be considered on time.
- Taxes are considered delinquent if not paid in full by May 1, 2022. Delinquent taxes are subject to an 8% penalty as of May 2.
A United States Postal Service postmark of May 1 or earlier is accepted as on-time payment. Payments received in the official drop box when Town Hall opens at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 2, will also be considered on time.
- Panton's delinquent tax collector is Barb Fleming. If you are having difficulties with your tax payments, please contact Barb and she will work with you on a payment plan. She may be reached by telephone at (802) 475-2346.
- The 2023 municipal tax rate for Panton is 0.6869.
- The 2023 Homestead Tax Rate for Panton is 1.6984.
- The 2023 Non-Homestead Tax Rate for Panton is 1.5330.