Thumbnail photo ©2022 Robin Herbick
Banner photo ©2022 Ed Dooley
The Town of Panton has contracted with Real Capital Consulting, Inc. (RCC) to complete a Town-wide Reappraisal for the 2024 Grand List. The purpose of the Town-wide Reappraisal is to update all property data and calculate new Fair Market Value reflected as of 4/1/2024. RCC staff will start individual property inspections in mid-June and will work road by road.
Here is the approximate timeline:
- May 222, 2023 - public informational meeting at 6:15 p.m. at Town Hall, second floor, to introduce personnel, provide an overview of the process, and answer questions. calendar
- June 2023 - November 2023: Conduct property inspections.
- December 2023 - January 2024: Review appraisals for accuracy and determine updated property values.
- February 2024: Mail updated listers cards to property owners for their review. Owners with questions may contact the Town/RCC.
- March 2024: Finalize new values and mail "Change in Value" notices to property owners
- April 2024: Schedule and conduct grievance hearings and mail notices of decision
- May 2024: Panton's updated Grand List is lodged with the State of Vermont